National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 Regional Finalists Announced
Published 16th August 2019
Regional finalists have been announced for the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019.
Now in their 16th year, the National Apprenticeship Awards showcase the diverse and growing range of sectors engaged with apprenticeships. The awards celebrate employers who fire up their business with apprenticeships, outstanding apprentices who blaze their own trail, and individuals who champion apprenticeships with passion.
The awards are open to apprentices, individuals who promote apprenticeships and employers of all sizes from all sectors, with entrants asked to demonstrate the impact apprenticeships has made to individual’s lives and their workplaces.
The finalists announced today have already made it through a rigorous regional judging process, and are apprenticeship exemplars. Their stories highlight best practice across recruitment excellence, high quality training practices, diversity and career progression.
We have announced regional finalists in the following employer categories:
- The BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT Award for SME Employer of the Year (for organisations with 1 to 249 employees)
- The British Army Award for Large Employer of the Year (for organisations with 250 to 4,999 employees)
- The QA Award for Macro Employer of the Year (for organisations with 5,000+ employees)
- The PeoplePlus Award for Recruitment Excellence: the winner will be selected from the Employer of the Year award entries
We are recognising apprentices for their exceptional contribution to their workplace and have announced regional finalists in the following apprentice categories:
- The NOCN Group Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year
- The Royal Navy Awards for Advanced Apprentice of the Year
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Site Licence Companies Award for Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year
- The Lloyds Banking Group Award for the Rising Star: awarded to apprentices who have made impressive progress in their career to date and who show the potential, through their apprenticeship, to make it to the very top of their chosen profession
In October, members of the public will be asked to vote on the overall winner for the Lloyds Banking Group Award for the Rising Star category.
Finalists in the Royal Air Force Award for Apprenticeship Champion of the Year, recognising individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to champion apprenticeships, have also been announced today.
Education Minister Kemi Badenoch said:
“Congratulations to all of the regional finalists. The National Apprenticeships Awards are a fantastic way to celebrate apprentices, their employers and the huge range of high-quality apprenticeship opportunities across the country.
“As a former apprentice myself, it is just brilliant to see so many employers and individuals being recognised for all their achievements.
“I wish them all the best of luck for the award ceremonies in September”
Keith Smith, Director, Apprenticeships, at the Education and Skills Funding Agency said:
“The National Apprenticeship Awards celebrate all that is exceptional about apprenticeships. The opportunities they give individuals to fire up their career and the real benefits employers see on a daily basis, with apprentices bringing new ideas, enthusiasm and dedication in to the workplace.
“I am delighted that so many outstanding applications were received this year. The number and quality of applications improves year on year. Testament to the popularity of not only the awards, but apprenticeships, with more and more employers and individuals recognising the benefits they bring.
“I would like to thank the national and regional sponsors who make the awards possible, everyone who entered the awards this year, and the judges to took time to support the difficult task of selecting the regional winners and highly commended entries.
“Good luck to all the regional finalists, and I hope you have a wonderful day at your ceremony. Regardless of the outcome, you are all winners.”
For more information on the National Apprenticeship Awards 2019 visit: https://appawards.co.uk/.
To view a list of the regional finalists please click on the links below: